SUNCOAST CHARITIES FOR CHILDREN is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides annual grants to the Suncoast Foundation for the construction, capital improvements, and special projects for local non-profit agencies that provide services for children and adults with special needs.
DID YOU KNOW
- The Suncoast Foundation has constructed buildings valued at over $20 Million dollars in the Sarasota, Venice, and North Port area.
- Non-profit agencies which occupy these buildings include The Haven (Sarasota), The Florida Center For Early Childhood (Sarasota & North Port), Children First (Venice), and Sarasota County Special Olympics (Venice). These non-profit agencies experience a significant savings with an annual lease payment of only $1 per year. Loveland Center in Venice also receives support.
- Over the past four years, Suncoast Charities for Children has provided over $450,000 in grant money to the Suncoast Foundation, so that necessary repairs and improvements could be made to these aging campus locations. This allows program and service money to remain untouched and be directed to over 5,000 clients with special needs in the local area. Special agency project funding requests are also reviewed annually for funding.
- The following special events are produced by Suncoast Charities for Children and are free to the public to enjoy. Thanks to donations from attendees and generous sponsors, these events generate revenue annually for the charity.
Thunder By The Bay Motorcycle & Music Festival
Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix Festival
July 4th Bayfront Fireworks on Sarasota Bay
Holiday Boat Parade of Lights on Sarasota Bay
New Year’s Eve Bayfront Fireworks on Sarasota Bay
- Construction of a living center for United Cerebral Palsy – Now occupied by The Florida Center in Sarasota
- Construction of the original Child Develoment Center in Sarasota (now known as The Florida Center) and construction of an addition to the Loveland Center in Venice
- Construction of a third building on The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Addition to The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Addition to The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Construction of a Group Home at Community Haven and construction of a Hydro-Therapeutic Pool at Oak Park School in Sarasota
- Construction of a playground area at The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Phase I construction of The Florida Center’s Venice Campus
- Construction of the Gene Whipp Training Center for Special Athletes in Venice
- Completion of a “State of the Art” Running Track for Sarasota County Special Olympics in Venice
- Dedication of The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus in honor of Hollis Tucker, Jr.
- Dedication of The Florida Center’s Venice Campus in honor of Ronald Foxworthy
- Dedication of the Cal Erb Building at The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Groundbreaking and construction of a new “green” building for The Florida Center in North Port
- Completion and dedication of the John T. Stafford Campus & Kevin Brown Building at The Florida Center’s North Port Campus
- Maintenance and repairs to The Florida Center’s Campus locations in Sarasota, Venice & North Port
- Maintenance and repairs to The Florida Center’s Campus locations and Sarasota County Special Olympics facilities
- Replacement of a new roof on an adult training facility at Community Haven
- Playground renovations, installation of new sun shade & renovations to Community Haven’s toddler room
- Playground, kitchen and other major improvements at Children First’s Venice Campus
- Renovation of a multi-sensory room for individuals with autism, and other severe disabilities, at Loveland Center’s Venice Campus
- Playground renovations & necessary repairs at The Florida Center’s North Port Campus
- Replacement of multiple air conditioning units at various campus locations
- Playground renovation and installation of a sun shade at The Florida Center’s North Port Campus. Replacement of drainage gutters at The Florida Center’s Sarasota Campus
- Installation of a security entrance gate at Community Haven
- Purchase of a new equipment van for Sarasota County Special Olympics. Parking lot repairs at The Florida Center’s Sarasota campus location.
- Construction of a maintenance building at Loveland Village in Venice
- Improvements to The Florida Center campus in North Port
- Purchase and installation of playground equipment for infants & toddlers at Children First’s Sarasota campus
- Purchase and installation of new equipment for a multi-sensory room at The Haven in Sarasota
- Upgrade to FPL power system at Venice Airport Festival Grounds
- Remodeling of the Sertoma Speech Clinic in Venice
- Replacement of the roof on two buildings at the Florida Center's Sarasota Campus
- Purchase of a new occupational therapy swing at The Florida Center's North Port Campus
- Outdoor deck repairs made at Children First's Venice Campus
- Purchase of new classroom equipment for Haven Industries at The Haven in Sarasota
- Repair of an air conditioning unit and roof for Suncoast Charities for Children in Sarasota